We in our fellowship have agreed to pray together for the church, our nation, and the world. Here’s a copy of the covenant we entered into with one another and before the Lord. Join us! Seek God together and write out your own version of this or use ours. Commit to pray. Nothing else can make a difference. Politicians and programs and new initiatives will let us down every single time, but Jesus Christ holds all the keys. In Him, we can make a difference — there is no other way.
hereas our Lord has encouraged and cheered us saying, “Whatever you pray and request, believe that you have obtained it, and it will be yours,” and “If you abide in Me and My words abide in you, whatever you want, request, and it will be done for you,” and “Whatever you ask in My name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son,” we therefore resolve and covenant together in asking and petitioning God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ to glorify Himself in His Son by:
- Awakening His ekklesia, causing every member to find and most enthusiastically fulfill his or her function, thereby strengthening and quickening the body of the Son and glorifying the Father.
- Magnifying and manifesting forth the Son of God through His body, including that part amongst whom we gather, and in this manner effecting an increase in holiness and godliness on the earth.
- Bringing down His holy fire on Rapid City, South Dakota, the United States of America, and indeed on the entire planet, for the earth is the lord’s and the fullness thereof.
- Causing that this holy fire shall both purify and perfect His bride and bring into His storehouses a great harvest of souls, and that this fruit shall remain to His glory and be perfected in Him.
- Bringing about a fresh period of godliness and holiness in the society of men, and filling all the earth with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the scriptures also promise.
- Gathering these, His own, into communities of godliness, love, and unity, thus glorifying His name and proving that He has appointed and sent Jesus as Messiah and Savior of the world.
In consideration of all these things, we hereby bind ourselves this 28th day of April, 2012, to observe the third Saturday of each month, for one year, as a day of fasting and prayer for the conversion of sinners and the growth of His church. We also engage to spend one half hour of all of our regular gatherings and one half hour every Sunday morning pleading with God to revive His work and cover the earth with the greatness of His glory.